We reserve the right to decline any items that are improperly tagged, torn, stained, seasonally inappropriate, or questionable. These items will be donated to charity at the end of the sale. Please bring us only your best items.
- Consignor Log & Tag Sheets – NEW 2013 ONE FILE METHOD – instructions below
- Excel XLS (PC, Mac) | Apple Numbers (Mac, iPad, iPhone — yes, you can now enter & print your log & tags from an iPad!) — files updated 02.25.2013 10:30p
- Alternative merge or handwritten methods:
- Wire or sturdy plastic hangers
- safety pins
- clear packing tape
- large Ziploc bags
General Tagging Tips
Number items on both tag sheet and lot sheet. This number goes after your consignor code on the tags (ex: 999-MYC-17….the 17 is the item number)
Price all items in increments of 50 cents (.50, $1.00, $1.50, $2.00, etc)
Fill in clothing size. Please use number sizes only and not S,M,L (except for maternity clothes).
Fill in description line on tag. (ex: pink floral dress, Lego set, monkey book, blue striped shirt and tan pants, etc.)
For multiple-piece items, make note on tag (2 pc., hat included, etc.)
Remember ALL items will go half-price and all unsold items will be donated to charity at the end of the day Saturday. You may choose to pick up your unsold items between 2:15 and 3pm on Saturday only. You must have a copy of your log sheets in order to do this. (MOYC will not make copies!)
- Choose infant to teen clothing for current season only (fall/winter items for September sale and spring/summer items for March sale)
- Maternity clothing and all juniors clothingmust be current styles only! Obviously outdated styles will not sell!
- Hang all clothes on hangers with the hook of the hanger facing LEFT. The hanger should look like a ?questionmark? when facing you.
- Button all buttons,snap all snaps, and zip all zippers.
- Use safety pins to attach pants, shorts, or skirts to the top of hanger. Make sure it is secure.
- For multiple-piece outfits, pin pants, shorts, or skirt to back of shoulders of the shirt. Be sure pins go around hanger so item is secure.
- Use safety pin to attach tag to the RIGHT shoulder when garment is facing you.
- We have a 6 pair limit on shoes. This does not include slippers, boots, or specialty dance shoes.
- Make sure shoes are in excellent condition and seasonally appropriate.
- Tie shoelaces together, or secure shoes with large safety pin or sturdy wire twist tie. Do not put shoes in plastic bags.
- Securely attach tag to inside of shoe using clear packing tape.
- Socks,undergarments, hair accessories, feeding supplies, and other small items should be placed in Ziploc bags, securing the top with clear packing tape.
- Attach tag to outside of bag with clear packing tape.
- Large items like bedding sets should also be placed in large clear plastic bags. It is helpful to have a list of contents visible for potential buyers.
Tagging Toys, Books, and Equipment
- Test all toys and equipment. If parts are missing or item needs batteries, include note on tag.
- Place all small toys in Ziploc bag and secure top with clear packing tape. Attach to larger toy if appropriate.
- Game and puzzle boxes should be taped shut. Tray puzzles should be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, secured with clear packing tape. Be sure games and puzzles have all pieces intact.
- Books can be tagged individually or grouped together in a Ziploc bag of similar reading-level books. Secure top of bag with clear packing tape.
- CD, software, video, and DVD cases should be taped shut. Please make sure these items work before selling!
- Make sure baby equipment is clean and in excellent working condition.
- All car seats will be inspected by a certified child passenger safety technician.
- We cannot accept car seats over 5 years old.
- Use clear packing tape to secure tags on all toys,books, and equipment. Safety pins may be used to secure tags on stuffed animals or other soft items.
Log & Tags Instructions – 2013 Single File Method – Excel & Numbers
New for Spring 2013 – save even more time than the merge method…using just one spreadsheet, enter your log and your tags are automatically created! Also, new 20 tags a sheet!! And…mobile log entry / tag creation with Numbers version on an iPad!!!
- Download either the Excel XLS or Numbers version using the links above
- On an iPad or iPhone, you will need to have first bought and installed Numbers from the App Store, then access this page from your mobile device and tap the Apple Numbers link above
- On the first spreadsheet tab, the Log, enter data in ONLY the yellow highlighted areas: consignor number / initials, name, address, email, and phone number; as well as, the description, price, and size if applicable for up to 200 items
- Do not enter data nor change anything on the second spreadsheet tab, your Tags
- Print both spreadsheets using the print preview to make sure your tags are page splitting after every 20 tags – to save ink, you may want to select your entire log spreadsheet and remove the yellow background fill
Log Sheet – Tag Sheet Automated Excel – Word Merge Instructions
- Download both the Excel file “MOYC_Merge_Log_2011.XLS” and the Word “MOYC_Merge_Tags_2011.DOC” from the links at the top of this page
- Be sure to save the two files in the same directory
- Open the Excel file first
- At the top of the sheet, replace the 111 consignor number and AAA consignor initials with your own
- Enter your name, address, email, and phone number in the specified fields – from this point on, you should be able to simply tab through the various fields requiring input
- Replace the sample description, size and price with the correct info for Item #1, then proceed to log additional items
- As stated above, once you have 25-35 items logged, we recommend you save the spreadsheet using the same name and do a test merge with the following instructions
- Open the Word file
- Word should automatically recognize the document as configured for merging data and locate the source Excel file if saved in the same directory
- If Word does NOT open some sort of Mail Merge Manager, select Mail Merge from Tools in Word’s menu bar at the top of the screen
- If a Mail Merge Manager or wizard has appeared, but it does NOT list an identified data source, a button should be available to click to Open Data Source and you can then select your saved Excel file
- Assuming step 9 worked fine, or if not you were able to proceed through steps 10 & 11, a dialogue box should appear confirming which worksheet to use, which is ‘Log‘ and a data range, in which you will need to enter A10:G210 (note that you are welcome to replace G210 with the actual last row of your spreadsheet if selling less than 200 items, ex: G83 if selling 73 items)
- A tag template should now appear with a number of cryptic merge fields visible – DO NOT CHANGE – if you accidentally mess something up, either undo or close the file without saving and re-open to start over
- In the Mail Merge Manager, you should see a final step of performing the merge with options to ‘Merge to Printer’ or ‘Merge to A New Document’ – it is suggested that you merge to a new document so you can review the results before printing
- If all looks good, you may now print your tags or close the merged results doc and the template doc (again without saving) and log more items before performing a final merge
- If a lot of blank labels appear, you can either adjust the data range in step 12, or before merging to a new document in step 14 you can specify a custom record range, such as 1 to 92 if you are selling 92 items